Manitoba Provincial Transfusion Practice Advisory Committee/
Web-based Application for Blood Services Management
Best Blood Manitoba is an initiative of the Manitoba Provincial Transfusion Practice Advisory Committee.
The Committee sought a more effective way to provide both patients and healthcare providers with accessible and up-to-date information on blood.
The system in place at the time was inflexible and out-of-date, using hand-written records.
Manitoba Provincial Transfusion Practice Advisory Committee needed to make sure that the solution met their goals to improve utilization of blood products, provide timely and accurate information, and adhere to all the regulatory and accreditation requirements.
The Relish Development Team sought to design a robust digital information hub to complement the current paper-based system to facilitate a smooth and rapid adoption from paper to digital. The new platform needed to be user-friendly for a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including multiple levels of healthcare professionals, staff responsible for data input, and employees tasked with results analysis.
More than 160 clinics in Manitoba required access to the system.
To deliver on Manitoba Provincial Transfusion Practice Advisory Committee’s objectives, Relish developed bestbloodmanitoba.ca – a WordPress website.
- A secure, specialized web-based application for tracking the inventory of blood and blood-related products throughout the province.
- An accessible design and programming to accommodate all members of the general public seeking information and learning resources.
- A suite of custom analytical capabilities, including several visualization tools to examine data and provide more effective reporting solutions.
Relish brought an inventory system based on paper forms and designed a digital inventory system with user tracking and waterfall adjustment features.
By creating the reporting system and employing interactive visualizations of data, the organization could drill down from high-level information to individual product information and individual clinic records, vastly improving tracking systems across the province.
Key Services Provided
- Interactive Planning and Articulation
- Style/Creative Guides and Toolkits
- API Based Web Services
- Web Application Development
- Wordpress/Custom Theme Development
- Data Analysis Tools and Reporting Systems
- Data Visualization Tools
- Monitoring and Reporting
We build results by
We are looking for partnerships with companies who desire more meaningful relationships with their brand. Our clients come to us for our creativity, our vision and our values. We maintain relationships as a result of the outcomes of our collaboration.